Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easy Pastel nails for sping

Hi, everyone, I hope you're as excited as I am for my first actual nail tutorial blog! Just in time for Easter I have this pastel nail tutorial for you. Originally, I was planning on making this a video tutorial, but the video didn't work out. Alas, at least I remembered to take pictures of each step, right? 






If you want to see how I created this design, keep reading.
__________________________________________________



Above, is a picture of all the products I used in my design.
Base coat: Nail-aid, Triple wrap thickener
Light pink: Essie, French Affair
Hot Pink: Orly, Sterling silver rose
Pink glitter: Pure ice, Spit fire
Top coat: Nail-Tek, Quicken
Acrylic paint: Apple Barrel colors, white, and bright magenta


________________________________________________



These are the brushes I used to make this design. One detail brush, and the larger brush for cleaning up my nail beds after I finish my design for a cleaner look. 
__________________________________________________


  (step one should have been a picture of my nails with just a bast coat on, but I forgot to take that picture. When doing any nail painting, you should always apply a base coat. Not only does the base coat keep your polish on longer, but it also protects your nails against staining )

Step 1: After applying your favorite base coat, apply 1-2 coats of a light pink(or any color of your choice) on all of your finger except whichever finger you choose to be your accent finger. Leave your accent finger blank until step 2. 

Step 2: While allowing your other color to dry, move on to your accent nail. Paint it a darker/brighter coordinating color. In my case a hot pink.

Allow all of your nails to dry for a few minutes before moving on to step 3.
__________________________________________________

Step 3: This is an optional step. It doesn't show up well in the picture, but I applied a fine sheer glitter over my light pink.
Step 4:  Apply 1-2 coats of a coordinating glitter.

once again, for best results, wait for your polish to dry before moving on to the next step.( I skip this step all the time, and then get mad when I smudge my wet nails)
__________________________________________________


Step 5: Using either a dotting tool, or a toothpick, apply 3 dots in white paint(nail polish, or acrylic paint, I used acrylic). One dot where you want each corner of your triangle to be. You could skip this step and freehand your triangles if you feel comfortable. I find this way easier to keep my triangles uniform.

Step 6: Like when you were in kindergarten it's time to play connect the dots. Carefully paint a line connecting your dots. Then fill in the triangle. 
________________________________________________ 
Step 7: Using the same color you used on your accent nail, do like you did with the white, and place 3 dots where you want the corners of your second triangle to be. Make sure and place your dots far enough in so that some of the white will show along the outside of the smaller triangle.
(instead of using polish, I used acrylic paint in the same color as my accent nail. I find that acrylic is easier to work with)
Step 8: Connect your dots, just like before.

_________________________________________________________________________________


Step 9: Fill in your smaller triangle.

Step 10: Apply a little of the same glitter you used on your accent nail, in an even smaller triangle. Leaving a little border of the second triangle.(does that make sense? I hope that makes sense)
__________________________________________________

Step 11: After waiting for your nails to dry, again, apply your favorite top coat. I always use a fast drying top coat to speed things up. The top coat, seals in your design, and also helps prevent chipping. Now, is when you use your favortie nail polish remover to clean up your nails. Just dip a paint brush or cotton bud in the nail polish remover, and carefully remove any polish that might have gotten on your skin.

Step 12: The final and optional step is to apply a cuticle oil over the nails and cuticles. This just adds a barrier between your nails and life to prevent smudging while waiting for them to completely dry. Plus it is very good for your nail beds, and promotes long healthy nails. Coconut, almond, jojoba, avocado oils are all some of my favorite to use.
__________________________________________________

Below are closer pictures of all the products I used.


Thank you for making it to the end of my first tutorial! I hope you enjoyed it, and found it helpful. 
Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment