Sunday, March 31, 2013

How I remove nail polish

Before I get into today's blog, I want to wish everyone a, Happy Easter! 
Now, onto my blog. Today's post is going to be about my favorite way to take my nail polish off. It's a couple extra steps, but I promise, it's worth it. The couple extra steps make it so easy to get all nail polish off. Yes, that includes glitter polish! Anyone in who loves glitter polish knows just how hard it is to get off. This trick takes glitter polish off without using 100 cotton balls, scrubbing, and getting glitter everywhere. It works on dark polish, and red polish, too! I saw this trick on Pinterest, and thought why not give it a go. It works for me, and I am so happy I found it. Yay, Pinterest! I hope you find this trick as helpful as I did.

__________________________________________________


Step 1: You have nail polish you want to remove, get a cotton ball and your nail polish remover.

Step 2:Unroll your cotton ball.
__________________________________________________


Step 3: Fold your unrolled cotton ball in half.

Step 4: Fold your unrolled cotton ball in half one more time.

I know it seems silly, because now it looks almost like it did before we unrolled it. You're probably thinking "why did I unroll it". I've tired skipping these steps, but it didn't work as well. Just trust me, it's worth it.
__________________________________________________


Step 5: Grab your nail polish remover.

Step 6:Saturate you cotton ball. Make sure it's very well saturated all the way through.  

(yes, I know 100% pure acetone is very bad for your nails, but it's what I use. It takes all my polish off so much easier, and faster. Plus, I hate the taste of non-acetone based removers that is impossible to wash off. No matter how many time you wash your hands hours after taking your polish off you go to eat dinner, and bam all you taste nail polish remover)
__________________________________________________


Step 7: Unfold your cotton ball, and tear it into 5 little pieces  Place on piece on each nail. Make sure each piece is push firmly on each nail. Leave them on for 1-2 minutes. (sometimes I don't wait more than 30 seconds and it still works. For harder colors to remover, and glitter it's important to leave it on for longer.)

Step 8: Slide the cotton piece off your nail. Just press down firmly on the cotton piece, and slide it up and off your nail.
__________________________________________________


This is what your nails should look like when you've finished all the nails. 

I've seen other people do the same thing only wrapping each nail in foil after placing the cotton pieces saturated in nail polish remover on your nails. I've never tried that, but if you have trouble with your cotton pieces drying out before your ready to take the polish off then wrap each nail in foil. I might do a separate blog post on that later. If you want to see it, just let me know. 

Ok, that is the end of my post today. I hope you find it helpful, and learned something new.  I wish you all a happy Easter, and I hope you're spending this wonderful holiday with your family.
Have a blessed Easter, and don't forget, Matthew 28:6,

No comments:

Post a Comment