Friday, March 29, 2013

Product not worth the hype: Nail-Tek foundation II

Hi, Everyone, time for another blog! Are you excited? Today my post will be about a "must have nail product". I heard so much about this product, and it was so hyped up to be the last base coat I would ever need. I've read blogs, and seen videos, about this product, everyone loves it. Except me, it seems. So, what is the product you ask? Nail-Tek foundation II, their site says 
"Nail Tek FOUNDATION fills unsightly ridges and nail damage while strengthening the natural nail. This unique base coat is a special blend of strengtheners, conditioners, micro-fibers, and natural fillers, creating a superior surface that greatly increases polish adherence for a long-lasting manicure. Smoothes uneven nail surfaces and masks nail imperfections for healthy, beautiful nails."
Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? It was too good to be true. I was excited when I found this product at a discounted price at Big Lots back a while ago. I paid $7 for a pack that came with Nail-Tek Quicken, top coat, and Nail Tek Foundation II. That's a great deal seeing as on their site, Foundation II was $11. I bought 2 packs, so I had 2 bottles to test and see if it was worth the hype. That should be more than enough to get a good idea of how the product would work for me.
The foundation line of base coats comes in 4 varieties. Foundation I: For strong healthy nails
Foundation II: For soft, peeling nails 
Foundation III: For dry, brittle nails
Foundation Xtra: For difficult, resistant nails

I have soft peeling nails, so foundation II is the one that is made for my nails. I had read blogs about how it stopped the peeling, and kept their polish from chipping for 7+ days. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a horrible product, it just didn't meet my expectations. It didn't stop my nails from peeling, it didn't keep my polish from chipping. It did however, help my nails to grow longer, and semi stronger. So, it wasn't a total loss. Allthough, I don't have a problem getting my nails to grow long with other cheaper, base coats. I love Sally Hansen maximum growth, and at $4, it's a much better buy.

Maybe  Nail-Tek Foundation II will work for you, as it has for so many others. It just didn't work out for me. So, I'm still on the search for the best base coat. In the end, I say save your money, and skip this "must have nail product". 


I hope you found my review of this product helpful, and insightful. I know this product might work for others, just didn't work out for me. Thank you for taking time out of your day to check my blog out.
Have a blessed day,


No comments:

Post a Comment