Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Neon Pink and White stripes, Nail Tutorial

Hello everyone! I'm happy to bring you another nail tutorial this morning! Today's tutorial is so simple, I think anyone could do it. So, let's get into it!



If you want to see how I created this design, keep reading!

Products used:
Base coat: Nail-aid, 3 minute artificials
Neon Pink: L.A. Colors, Pink bubbles
Bright Pink glitter: Sinful colors, Pinky Glitter 
White striper: Art Deco, White
Silver glitter striper: Silver glitter
Top coat: Sally Hansen, Insta dry

__________________________________________________



Step 1: Like always, start with clean dry nails, and apply your favorite base coat. Base coats, keep your nail polish from staining your nails, and also help prevent chipping. Don't forget, to go along your nails free edge with every coat of polish you apply. The free edge is the very tip of your nail. This also helps keep your nail polish from chipping.

Step 2: Pick any color of your choice, I chose a neon pink. Pick 1 or 2 nails that you want to be your accent nails. Then on the accent nails, paint the entire nail. Next, just paint the tips of all the other nails. Wait for your nails to dry for a couple minutes before you move on to the next step.

                       Don't forget your free edge :-)
__________________________________________________



Step 3: Pink a glitter polish that coordinates with the color you picked. I used a bright pink glitter. Paint you accent nails with the glitter polish. If you want you can paint the tips as well, but I like the accent nails to really pop.

Step 4: Using a nail striper, or a detail brush and paint in the color of your choice, carefully paint stripes on your tips. You can do the lines however you'd like. You can do thin or thick lines. You can even do lines in more than one color. I used a white nail striper, and kept my lines on the thin side. Let your nails dry for a couple minutes before moving on to the next step. 
__________________________________________________



Step 5: Using a nail striper, paint a thin line at the base of your tips. I think this gives your nails a clean and more professional look to them. I used a silver glitter striper. (if you haven't noticed that is my favorite striper to use when i do tips lol) Let your nails dry for a little bit longer before you move to the next step.

Step 6: Apply your favorite top coat, and use a cotton bud or paint brush dipped in nail polish remover to remove any polish that may have gotten on your skin.

That's it, you're done! See how simple that was!

__________________________________________________





You did it, you made it to the end of today's post! I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial, and give it a try! I hope to see that some of you gave it a try. Share your pictures on my Facebook page so I can see how well you did! If you want to stay up to date on what I'm doing, like my Facebook page!
Have a blessed day,


No comments:

Post a Comment