Monday, April 22, 2013

NOTD: Purple Gradient Nails

Happy Monday, everyone! I know Monday isn't everyone's favorite day of the week. So, I'm trying to do my part to make your Monday a little bit better with a new blog post. Today's post is a NOTD(nails of the day). I was feeling a little lazy when I did these, so they are pretty simple. It's a purple gradient glitter. I hope you like them, and give them a shot. I have a tutorial on gradient glitter nails already, if you want to check it out. When I have a working video camera, I will do a video tutorial on them, as well. I hope your Monday is going well, and find this post as a little break from the Monday blues. Don't forget to like me on Facebook if you want to see what I'm up to. Follow me on Instagram for lots of pictures from my life.
Have a blessed Monday,







Products used:
Base coat: 3 Minute Artificials
Light Purple: Sally Hansen, Lacey Lilac 
Sheer Glitter: Revlon Sweet Nothings, Satin Sheets
Chunky Purple glitter: Pure Ice, Darkside
Top coat: Sally Hansen, Insta Dry
1 Cosmetic Wedge Sponge
__________________________________________________



I started by painting my nails with a base coat. Next, I painted them in a light purple. When that dried, I painted a thin coat of a sheer fine glitter. The sheer fine glitter helps the gradient effect look like it carries all the way down the nail. Then, I used the cosmetic wedge to sponge the purple glitter onto the tips of my nails. I let that dry, and used my current favorite top coat. Lastly, I used a paint brush dipped in nail polish remover to clean up any nail polish that got on my skin.

__________________________________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment