Saturday, June 15, 2013

Tutorial: Purple glitter with rhinestones




 Hello again everyone. I hope you're all looking forward to the weekend. I'm just getting over an oh so enjoyable summer cold. So, I'm sorry for the lack of blogs this week. I'm feeling human again, so time to get back into blogging. I have a new tutorial for you today! I hope you are excited! So if you want to see how I created today's design, keep on reading! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'd love to hear from you. If you try this design out, share it with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, I'd love to see! Like me on Facebook to see more from me. I'm also on Instagram and Pinterest, and Twitter . Check out my other blog if you'd like to see non nail related blogs. 
Have a blessed day,


Products used:
Base coat: Nail-aid, Triple Wrap Thickener
Purple: Sally Hansen, Good to Grape
Purple glitter: Pure Ice, Darkside
Silver glitter striper: Art Deco, Ice Breaker
Top coat: Sally Hansen, Insta-Dri
Dotting tool(for applying the rhinestones)
2mm Rhinestones


 Step 1: As always start with applying your favorite base coat.


Step 2: Using the color of your choice on your accent nails paint the whole nail, and on all other nails do an angled tip.


 Step 3: Using a coordinating glitter paint your accent nails. I used 2 coats of a chunky purple glitter. 


Step 4: Using the same glitter you used on your accent nails apply 1 thin coat over the purple tips. 


 Step 5: Using a silver nail striper apply a thin line of glitter on the base of your purple tips.


 Step 6: This is an optional step. If you have some rhinestones apply one on the corner of the tips, and then apply 3-4 going up the center of your accent nails. I use a toothpick  or dotting tool to pick up the rhinestones. You can either use glue to stick them in place or paint a coat of top coat and stick the rhinestones on before it dries.


 Step 7: Using a paint brush or a cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover remove any polish that might have gotten on your skin. This is the last step, I hope you give this design a shot. 







No comments:

Post a Comment