Monday, June 3, 2013

Tutorial: Girly Coral with white stripes

Hello again everyone! I'm happy to bring another tutorial to you guys this Monday afternoon. I hope you're all having a wonderful day. I was inspired to do this design when I saw a cute phone case on amazon the other day. I'll insert a picture of the case at the end of the tutorial if you want to see it. Today's tutorial is pretty simple, so let's get into it. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'd love to hear from you. If you try this design out, share it with me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, I'd love to see! Like me on Facebook to see more from me. I'm also on Instagram and Pinterest, and Twitter . Check out my other blog if you'd like to see non nail related blogs. Have a blessed day,







If you want to learn how I created this design, keep reading :-)

Products used:
Base coat: Nail-aid, Triple Wrap Thickener
Pinky/Coral: Sally Hansen, I Pink I Can
Chunky silver glitter: Pure Ice, Dazzle Me
Silver glitter striper: Ice Breaker
White: Apple Barrel Colors, White 
Top coat: Sally Hansen, Insta-Dri
Detail brush
Dotting tool

 Step 1: As always, start by applying your favorite base coat.



 Step 2: Using the color of your choice paint your accent nails. I chose my thumb and ring finger to be my accent nails. 
 Step 3: Using the same color, on your non accent nails paint angled tips. I find it easiest to start at the bottom and sweep my brush upward. 


 Step 4: Using either a white nail striper, or white paint and a detail brush paint vertical lines on your tips. You can make them as thick or thin as your like. I used a detail brush and white acrylic paint. This design would still look nice if you skip this step.


 Step 5: On your accent nails use the same nail striper/detail brush and paint, and paint diagonal lines in one direction. It should look kind of like a pink candy cane.


 Step 6: use the same nail striper/detail brush and paint, and paint diagonal lines in the opposite direction. Crossing over the first set of lines. Creating diamond shapes, like fishnets, or lattice.


 Step 7: This step is optional, but I love how it turned out. I took a chunky silver glitter, and put some of it on a piece of paper. Then I took a dotting tool, and picked up the large hexagonal glitter out one by one and placed them where the lines crossed. 


 Step 8: Using a silver glitter striper, place a line of silver glitter at the base of your angled tips. This just creates a more finished look.



 Step 9: Allow your design to dry for a couple minutes, and apply your favorite top coat. Then go in with a cotton bud or paint brush dipped in nail polish remover and clean up any polish that might have gotten on your skin. You're all done, this was the final step! 










No comments:

Post a Comment