Friday, July 19, 2013

NOTD: Mint Manicure For Talia Joy


Hello again everyone! I had a different blog planned for today, but I saw that the beauty community was doing mint manicures in remberence of Talia Joy Castellano today. I couldn't help but join in. I didn't personally know Talia, but I did watch her YouTube videos, and she was such an inspiration. It is a horrible thing when such a young, amazing little girl is taken from us. She did so much good with her time here, and we should all learn from that. My heart aches for her family, but at least she is no longer sick and in pain. If you don't know who Talia is, then I will link you to a little Bio and other goodies below. Talia passed away on July 16, 2013 from childhood cancer after fighting it for 6 and a half years. She was just 13 years old, and no one that age should have to endure what she did, and yet, she did it with such a bright outlook. So, Talia if you're looking down, these nails are for you. 

I wanted to do a video tutorial for these nails, but we had a lack of sun today, and I hate filming with artificial lighting. So, if you would like me to film a video tutorial for these nails just ask. I looked back at some of Talia's manicures for inspiration. She liked bright colors, rhinestones, animal print,edgy but cute and kinda gaudy nails(my kind of nails). Overall I like how these turned out. I'm not real happy with the pinky nail design, but was a little pressed for time.If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you try these nails out I'd love to see, share them with me on any of my social media sites. I'd love to hear from you. Like me on Facebook to see more from me. I'm also on Instagram and Pinterest, and Twitter . Check out my other blog if you'd like to see non nail related blogs. 











Read Talia's story here 
Talia's Facebook Page here
Talia's YouTube channel here




Products used:

Base coat: Nail-aid, 1 Step Fast Growth

Mint Green: Pure Ice, Home Run!
Neon Pink: L.A. Colors, Pink Bubbles
Fine Silver Glitter: Sinful Colors, Queen of Beauty
Chunky Silver Glitter: Pure Ice, Dazzle Me
Top Coat: Sally Hansen, Insta-Dri
White: Apple Barrel Colors, White
Black: Apple Barrel Colors, Black
2mm Rhinestones
Detail Paint Brush
Dotting Tool
Makeup Sponge(not pictured)









 I have 2 tutorials on leopard print nails. You can check them out here and here



 I have a tutorial on gradient glitter nails. You can check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment