Friday, May 3, 2013

Minty Pink Leopard Nail Tutorial

Hello everyone! I hope you're ready for the weekend. I am happy to bring you another tutorial this rainy Friday. So, lets get into this fun bright tutorial.


If you want to see how I created this nail design, keep reading :-)

  
Products used:
Bast coat: Nail-aid, 3 Minute Artificials
Mint green: Rimmel, Mintilicious
Holographic silver: Sally Hansen, Celeb city
Chunky silver glitter: Pure Ice, Dazzle Me
Top coat: Sally Hansen, Insta-Dri
1 Detail brush


I used these 2 colors to get the light and hot pink. 

White: Apple Barrel Colors, White
Hot Pink: Apple Barrel Colors, Bright Magenta 

__________________________________________________



Step 1:
As always, start with a base coat. Then pick which nail you want to be an accent nail. I chose my ring finger. In a coordinating color as the glitter you will be using on this finger later, paint the nail. I am using silver glitter, so I used a silver polish. You can skip this step if the glitter polish you're using is opaque.

Tip: don't forget to go along the free edge(the very tip/edge) of your nail with every coat of polish you apply. It will help prevent chipping.
__________________________________________________

Step 2:
Apply 1-2 coats to all but your accent nail in the color of your choice. I chose mint green. This color is opaque in 1 coat, but I applied 2 light coats.
__________________________________________________

Step 3:
Paint your accent nail in a glitter of your choice. I chose a chunky silver. I applied 2 coats.
__________________________________________________

Step 4:
Using a dotting tool or toothpick dipped in the color of your choice, create very messy spots. You don't want them to be perfect circles. You want them to be different shaped spots. They need to be rounded, but not perfect circles. I mixed a hot pink acrylic paint with a white acrylic paint until I got this light pink color. You can do this with any color nail polish, or acrylic paint. If you're using nail polish, it needs to be an opaque color. You don't want the base color showing through.
__________________________________________________

Step 5:
Using a detail brush, or nail striper, in a darker shade of whatever color you used for the spots, make 2 C shaped thin lines. You don't want them to meet on at least one side of the spot. You want there to be a small gap between the lines. Do this around every light pink spot. 
__________________________________________________


Step 6:
This step is optional, but I always do this step when doing leopard print nails. Using a dotting tool or toothpick dipped in the same color you used to outline the spots, place small dots in any open area that you think needs to be filled in. Be careful not to let the dot touch the spots.
__________________________________________________


Step 7:
After letting your design dry for a couple minutes, apply your favorite top coat. I always use a fast drying top coat. Then using a paint brush, or cotton bud dipped in nail polish remover clean up any nail polish that might have gotten on your skin. 
__________________________________________________

That's it! You did it! It's a very simple nail design, and I always get complements on it. Give it a shot, I think anyone can do this design. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'd love to hear from you. Like me on Facebook to see more from me. I'm also on Instagram and Pinterest, and Twitter . Check out my other blog if you'd like to see non nail related blogs. 
Have a blessed Friday,


No comments:

Post a Comment