Wednesday, May 22, 2013

NOTD: Fun Spring Mint and Coral Nails

Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a great week. My heart and prayers go out to any of my readers effected by the recent bad weather. In happier news, I have another NOTD(nails of the day) for you today. I hope you enjoy today's nails. I'd love to hear your thoughts on them.  If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'd love to hear from you. Like me on Facebook to see more from me. I'm also on Instagram and Pinterest, and Twitter . Check out my other blog if you'd like to see non nail related blogs. 
Have a blessed day,




Products used:
Base coat: Nail-aid, Triple Wrap Thickener 
Mint green: Pure Ice, Home Run!
Pink/Coral: Sally Hansen, I Pink I Can
Holographic Silver: L.A. Colors, Live
Fine silver glitter: Sinful Colors, Queen of Beauty
Chunky silver glitter: Pure Ice, Dazzle Me
1 Detail brush, and dotting tool






 Pinky: I started with mint green, then using a detail brush to do the coral stripes, then went in with a white acrylic paint and added the white stripes. Next I took the larger hexagonal pieces out of the dazzle me polish and placed them one by one on the white lines. 

Ring Finger: I started with a holographic silver polish, and then applied 2 coats of chunky silver glitter. 

Middle finger: I started with the coral polish, then made a white triangle using acrylic paint. Then a slightly smaller triangle using mint green polish, then an even smaller triangle using silver holographic polish and then topped the silver triangle with a fine silver glitter. Here is my detailed tutorial for this nail design.

Index finger: I started with the mint green polish. Then using a detail brush and the coral polish, I made a thin vertical stripe going down the center of my nail. Then using the white acrylic paint and a detail brush I outlined the color stripe. Then I used the large hexogonal glitters from dazzle me I placed them one by one with a dotting tool up the center of the coral stripe.


Thumb: I started with the coral polish. Then I went in with the mint polish and a detail brush and painted the chevron print. I picked one line and filled it in with the holographic silver, and then topped that with the fine silver glitter. 
__________________________________________________










No comments:

Post a Comment