Monday, May 13, 2013

NOTD: Mint Green with white stripes and pink hearts


Hello everyone! I am happy to bring you another blog post this fine Monday! Today's post is another NOTD(nails of the day). I love how today's nails turned out. They are perfect for a lovely spring day like today. Mint green, pink hearts, pink glitter, and white stripes, yes please.If you have any questions feel free to ask. If you try these nails out I'd love to see, share them with me on any of my social media sites. I'd love to hear from you. Like me on Facebook to see more from me. I'm also on Instagram and Pinterest, and Twitter . Check out my other blog if you'd like to see non nail related blogs. 
Have a blessed day,







__________________________________________________


Products used:
Base coat: Nail-aid, Triple Wrap Thickener
Mint green: Pure Ice, Home Run!
Neon Pink: L.A. Colors, Pink Bubbles
Pink Glitter: Pinky Glitter
Top Coat: Sally Hansen, Insta-Dri
White: Apple Barrel Colors(acrylic paint), White
1 detail brush
1 dotting tool
__________________________________________________
             
So, are yo ready to see what they look like? 



 I love how these nails turned out! They were very simple. I started with a base coat, and then painted all but my ring finger mint green. Then while that dried, I applied one coat of a neon pink to my ring finger. After allowing the mint green to dry for a couple minutes, using a detail brush and white acrylic paint, I painted 3-5 vertical lines. You could skip this step or use a nail striper. Then while the lines dried for a couple minutes I applied one coat of a pink glitter over the neon pink on my ring finger. Next, I went in with a dotting tool and the neon pink nail polish, I created the 2 small hearts on all but my ring finger and thumb. You could use a toothpick for this step. I'll insert a graphic of how I paint my heats below. Now, I moved onto my thumb. Using a detail brush I painted a larger heart with the neon pink polish. I outlined the larger heart in the same white paint and brush used to make the lines. Then, I went over all the hearts with a little of the pink glitter. Then, I let my nails dry for a couple minutes before applying one coat of my favorite fast drying top coat. Lastly, I used a paint brush dipped in nail polish remover to clean up any polish that got on my skin, and applied some cuticle oil.



How I use a dotting tool to paint small hearts 

Step 1, using a dotting tool or toothpick place 2 small dots where you want to top of your heart to be. 

Step 2, Drag the left dot down gently to a point.


Step 3, Drag the right dot down gently to a point, meeting the first line you pulled down. This will create the point at the bottom of the heart. 


__________________________________________________














No comments:

Post a Comment